Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Flying Angel - Nine 11 : The Musical
By Matty Gregg

Angel, take flight.
Your father won't be home tonight.
Your path is dark as you've lost his light.
But up there in the clouds
Is a father that's proud
To sing out loud, "my flying angel."

Angel, fly high,
You cannot let his spirit die.
The wind hits your face with his omnipresent sigh.
And the things we would do,
Like the beach or the zoo
Will be waiting for you, his flying angel.

Though the blindness is thick,
And your will starts to crack.
Hopelessness makes you wonder
"Is my light coming back?"

Angel, I'm here,
I will not leave you throughout the years,
I will outline his path without fear.
Go to bed. Don't forget.
Fly to his silhouette...

And your dreams will go spinning
As you keep on winning
Thirty years down the line
When the pain's gone with time.

And I'm scared above all,
That you will not recall
How your father once called you his flying angel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home