Monday, May 31, 2004

MEMORIAL DAY BLOG

I received an email from a family member today expressing an interest in Nine 11... asking what it's all about and what it intends to do. And as I was writing a response back, I realized how much his inquiry made me wish that I had people this interested in the death of my father that I could ask these questions to someone else... it certainly would've helped in my healing process. I guess the idea is that my memories of my dad are fuzzy, and were never fully chronicled... many of them were forgotten because of it.

Jen and Brett left this morning. It was great to have them here due to the fact that they were yet another outlet for me to get psyched about Nine 11 again. I think they believe in the virtue of it, but moreover, Brett expressed to me that it's nice to be around people who follow their dreams, like me. I thought that was a great gesture and an amazing accomplishment. I honestly had never thought about that until now.

I noticed some interesting things about the new design last night as I was perusing the halls of the World Financial Center. Here are two pictures of the new performing arts center that they are opening up which will be part of the Freedom Tower on Vesey Street:



Wouldn't it be a perfect fit to open Nine 11 right there? As a non-typical Broadway show... perhaps it should never actually be on the street of Broadway. And with my desire for the blue lights to continue to shine over the horizon of New York City, perhaps we could put them right next to the show itself... this would be the greatest living memorial to any event in the history of America.

Don't we owe that to the greatest tragedy?

BTW, this is a fun quiz for anyone who is interested in it:


Which Peanuts Character Are You?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home