Sunday, November 28, 2004

And, on Sunday, November 28th, my brother asked his girlfriend, Kristin Lynch, to marry him, in front of hundreds of drunk people falling over themselves and throwing up on the future bride on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, LA. I had 20:1 odds that he would be shot down. It's 20 dollars that I don't mind losing. They are now officially engaged.

I'm proud of my brother. One thing that Shea and I have been unable to do in our lives is to fall completely head over heels with classy women. I think it's always been our one downfall. Shea always got the bright and pretty, yet socially challenged women and I got the beautiful and talented, yet criminal and dishonest women. We both have had our share of dumbasses (and our share of success stories, let's not forget that Shea and I have not been o-fer). But, I really like Kristin, and I think Shea has gotten himself a really good one with her.

I'm giving him about 10 days till he screws it up. 15 tops.

I'm actually the best man at their wedding. Me... the best man. I haven't given my brother the time and energy that I've given in many of the lives of my girlfriends, yet Shea has deemed me special enough to make me the best man. It's a really interesting aspect of life. No matter how much time and effort you give someone who's not a member of your family, it's bound to fall short of your expectations... why is that?

I am working on a project for him that will eclipse all projects for their brothers. It'll be something big... and something that will never be forgotten, as long as he can remember. This will be for Kristin as well... but unfortunately, it loses its luster right now because I'm single (no, you don't know what it is, and Shea reads this, so I can't explain it). But it will still be something that nobody has ever given the groom at their wedding. And, I mean NEVER.

Congratulations, Shea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home