Wednesday, July 14, 2004

The 50th Blog Anniversary. =)

So this is the 50th blog, and I can't say much has changed in my life (aside from Kathy's departure) since I started this. I know that there have been changes in me in regards to getting back to my happy lone days at Exeter and Holy Cross... and speaking of Exeter...

Randi Sherman (now Stanley, she got married last month), the first woman I ever professed my undying love to (of course, those who know the context behind this are laughing their asses off right now) met with me today to discuss some things about Nine 11. She LOVES the idea. A fellow Exonian loves the idea. She has been working in the music business ever since she left Northwestern and now she's living in New York City with her new husband, Dave, who I think I'd like due to the fact they're both Apple people.

So we sit down and I tell her all of the different nuances of Nine 11, and she becomes incredibly interested to the point where she wants to become involved. She came up with an incredibly good idea; to come up with a venue and invite all of the September 11th families to come to the venue for me to speak to all of them at one time. I'm sure if we hooked on with Voices of September 11th and some other web sites, we might be successful in putting something like that together.

I'm also considering forming a non-profit organization that is a beneficiary of any monies that Nine 11 brings in and vice versa. Nine 11: the musical entity itself doesn't have to be non-profit (and it shouldn't be... the money, for the most part, should be funneled back into the project, but there should be no need to create a non-profit out of this... to make it a non-profit would attract families, but discourage broadway producers and possible investors who could take this to the next level).

Regardless, I realize that I could use a team of people to put this bad boy together. She knows very talented musicians who I could really use to bring onboard on this project. I want to work with her, too... she's a cool girl and we should have done more projects together in high school, anyway.

Girl... haha, I called her girl. The first thing we both did was look at each other and simultaneously said... "man, we're old."

I will be writing a letter to Judd soon regarding trying to get in touch with Mayor Guiliani... I realize that I need someone of his stature to talk to families. I need a person who was deeply affected and publicly involved in New York City to attract those who are afraid of this project.

That's all for now. Good feedback for the site!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home