Friday, May 14, 2004

I went to a 9/11 family support group today over on Staten Island. First off, I had never taken the ferry before. This is the first time I had done so. It goes by the Statue of Liberty and is free. I invite anyone who requires a sea to get your thoughts swimming to take the ferry.

I wasn't exactly sure what the program was that I was walking into, and at first, I really felt like I didn't belong because I had lost no family members during September 11th. But what I did realize quickly was that these are all people in search of peace of mind, and they help each other to obtain it. They all are brought together with common problems.

You know, I don't think that there is another organization in the world like the Red Cross. No, they're not perfect, and I don't think anyone would classify them as that. But the Red Cross makes a conscious effort to take into consideration the emotional health of a person. This group made that fact completely apparent.

I met some great people there at that group. The specifics I won't say due to confidentiality. But I felt at home with them, the way I felt when I first talked with Deena and in reading books about people involved in 9/11. We're all, at the crux, looking for something. I'm looking for preservation of memory in Nine 11. I want my project to be a tool for people to use to get over tragedy in their own lives.

That's all. I want to write more, so I think I'll do so in my personal journal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home